VANCOUVER EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
In accordance with the Cannabis Act cannabis cannot be displayed or given out by exhibitors on the expo floor. Any exhibitor found to be displaying or giving out cannabis will be asked to leave the show.
Friday, January 10, 2020 - Expo Industry Day
Saturday, January 11, 2020 - Expo Consumer Day
Friday, 10 AM - 6 PM
Saturday, 10 AM - 6 PM
Table of Contents
Friday, January 10, 2020 - 10 AM - 6 PM
Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 10 AM - 6 PM
Exhibitors must have adequate and up to date insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000.00 General Liability Coverage inclusive of bodily injury and/or property damage for each occurrence. Lift Co. Ltd. must be named as an additional insured.
Lift Co. Ltd.
77 Peter St
We urge all exhibitors to be especially diligent when engaging with any supplier who is not an official supplier of the Lift & Co.
Our official suppliers for Vancouver 2020 are:
- Levy Show Services
- Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel
- Detonate Cannabis Agency
If you receive a solicitation and are unsure of the affiliation with the Lift & Co. or would like to report an unofficial supplier, please contact Show Management at email@example.com.
While the Vancouver Convention Centre provides 24-hour security, we advise that all booth builds incorporate an area for secure storage to avoid theft. Exhibitors should remove valuables from sight at show close and place them in secure storage, or remove them from the Expo floor until show open the next day. Immediately at show close on Saturday, Exhibitors should prioritize removal of items of value from sight.
Click to enlarge
Travel and Accommodations
We have secured a block of rooms for exhibitors at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel
Single/Double Occupancy Rate: $209*
*subject to a 3% Municipal Regional District Tax (MRDT), 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST), 8% Provincial Sales Tax (PST) and 1.5% Destination Marketing Fee (DMF) and are subject to change without notice. Quoted in Canadian funds and on a per room, per night basis. Subject to a $50 charge for each additional adult over double occupancy, to a maximum of four (4) adults persons per room. Applicable three (3) days prior and three (3) days post, although guestrooms are subject to availability and prevailing rates.
Online booking or call the Reservations Department at 1-800-663-1515 and specify reservation ID LIFT0120 when reserving.
There is a limited amount of rooms available and the rooms are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Don't wait to book. The preferred rate is available until Friday, December 20, 2019 or until the room block is sold out.
Move In and Out
Detailed scheduled to be released at a later date.
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Saturday, January 11, 2020
1 PM - 11 PM - Levy Customs and Logistics Desk open
6 PM - Event end - no booth breakdown or move-out is to commence until 6 PM on Saturday, January 11
6 PM - 7 PM - Aisle carpet removal
6 PM - 11 PM - Exhibitor move-out
7 PM - 11 PM - Return of storage crates to exhibitor booths
Sunday, January 12, 2020
8 AM - 4 PM - Exhibitor Move-out and
Levy Customs and Logistics Desk open
4:01 PM - Forced freight
There are 3 options for moving-in your materials to the convention centre:
- Levy Advanced Warehouse, or
- Voyage Control, or
- hand carry.
1. Levy Advanced Warehouse
With the Levy Advanced Warehouse and material handling, your materials will be delivered to your booth on the expo floor in time for your assigned move-in window. Ship your materials up to a month in advance of the show (see Advance Material Handling Form & Invoice) and put your mind at ease!
2. Voyage Control
Voyage Control allows exhibitors to book a specific loading area time within your assigned move-in window. The system will be open on Monday, December 9 for booking. On move-in day, arrive directly at the convention centre at your booked time. Please see the 'Voyage Control Instructions' section for further details.
3. Handy carry
If you are able to carry your materials by hand and without the use of a dollie, you may use street level entrances.
No material may be taken through the main Vancouver Convention Centre entrance unless it can be carried by hand. Dollies are not allowed on carpeted areas. No equipment may be transported on the escalators or public passenger elevators. All 4-wheel dollies, pallet jacks or oversize loads are prohibited from leaving all Exhibit Halls into the pre-function areas. If you require a dolly or pallet jack to move your items to your vehicle, you must use the designated loading area.
*Note: if you are shipping your materials to Levy's advanced warehouse, it is not necessary to book via Voyage Control.
Beginning December 9, exhibitors (or exhibitor appointed contractors, if applicable) will log-in to Voyage Control and book a specific time for each vehicle that will be delivering their booth to the show (ex. 3 vehicles = 3 bookings).
Here's how to book, beginning December 9:
1 / Go to http://voyagecontrol.com/vancouvercc
2 / Click “Sign Up/Sign In” to create a profile
3 / Enter your information then click “Make A Booking”
4 / In the event menu select “Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo 2020”
5 / In the user menu select your move-in zone
6 / Enter your booking code
7 / In the phases menu select “Move-in” and your move-in date
8 / Select the “Exhibitors” load zone and vehicle type (the vehicle that will be used)
9 / Click “Get Times” and select one of the available times. Greyed-out times mean they are full and no longer available. Please note that you must arrive at the start of the time you select.
10 / Click “Next”
11 / Complete your contact information and ensure you enter your booth number
12 / If you know the driver and vehicle information, please enter it. If you do not know either of these, you can click on “I do not know” then click “Submit bookings”
13 / After you submit your booking you will be provided with a Booking Pass. Please make an effort to ensure that all drivers have this booking pass on hand upon arrival at the Vancouver Convention Centre East Truck Route Access. Drivers that do not have this booking pass will still be able to check-in but will have a delayed check-in process.
Voyage Control App
- The Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo will close at 6 PM on Saturday, January 11. No booth breakdown or move out is to commence until 6 PM.
- At show close, Levy will remove aisle carpet, and will deliver storage crates to your booth. Please keep aisles free of booth materials until aisle carpets are removed (approximately 1 hour). We ask for your co-operation and patience.
- In-booth electrical power will be turned off as early as 6 PM on Saturday, January 11
- A limited number of flat-bed dollies will be available for use from Levy on a first-come-first-served. These may not be removed from inside the building and are to be returned to where they were picked-up upon completion of use.
- When your material is packed and ready to load, please locate a staff member wearing a pink safety vest. A pink vest will visit your booth to verify that you are completely packed and ready to go. You will then be given a paper move-out pass. Present this pass to the Voyage Control desk and a booking will be made for your vehicle(s) to enter the loading dock.
- Please note that you will not be able to move your vehicle into the loading dock without a Voyage Control booking pass.
- No material may be taken through the main Vancouver Convention Centre entrance unless it can be carried by hand.
- Dollies are not allowed on carpeted areas
- No equipment may be transported on the escalators or public passenger elevators
- All 4-wheel dollies, pallet jacks or oversize loads are prohibited from leaving all Exhibit Halls into the pre-function areas
- If you require a dolly or pallet jack to move your items to your vehicle, you must use the designated loading area.
- In order to minimize the risk of theft during move-out, it is recommended that all small articles of value be removed at the close of the show and that the exhibitor guards the remaining material
- If you need help with moving your freight, please speak with a Levy representative on the show floor. A representative from Levy will be onsite Saturday, January 11 at 1 PM and can assist you with your outbound shipment.
- Forced Freight - All exhibits must be removed from the show floor by 4 PM on Sunday, January 12. Please ensure that you have made arrangements with your shipper to remove your goods from the floor by this time. Levy Show Services will remove all materials left on the floor past 4 PM, at the owner’s expense. No liability will be assumed by Levy Show Services or Lift & Co. as a result of such re-routing or handling.
Also, read the Vancouver Convention Centre Move-out Notice here.
Exhibitors may access the Expo Hall before and after show hours. An exhibitor badge is required for access:
Friday, January 10
Pre-show: 8 AM - 10 AM
Post-show: 6 PM - 7 PM
Saturday, January 11
Pre-show: 8 AM - 10 AM
Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) Exhibitors Services provides:
- electrical (booth spaces do not include power)
- booth cleaning
- telecom/ internet (booth spaces do not include internet)
- booth security
1 / Go to the Online Ordering System
2 / Click 'order services online'
3 / Scroll down to January 2020
4 / Click on 'Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo 2020'
5 / Enter your booth number
Book your services by Wednesday, December 18, 2019 to receive a special discounted rate.
VCC Online Ordering Timeline
All exhibitor orders received after December 31, 2019 are subject to 2020 pricing. As a courtesy, 2019 pricing is extended to all exhibitor orders received before January 1, 2020.
October 17 to December 18, 2019: 2019 Pricing via Online Ordering System and 2019 Exhibit Services Order Forms (2019 Discounted Rates Apply)
December 19 to December 31, 2019: 2019 Pricing via Online Order System and 2019 Exhibit Services Order Forms (2019 Standard Rates Apply)
January 1 to January 3, 2020: 2020 Pricing via Online Ordering System and 2020 Exhibit Services Order Forms (2020 Standard Rates Apply).
Please note: 2019 Exhibit Services Order forms will not be accepted.
January 4 to January 8, 2020: 2020 Pricing via On-Site Ordering ONLY (2020 Late Rates Apply).
Please note: Online Ordering and Pre-Show Ordering will be closed. 2019 Exhibit Services Order forms will not be accepted.
Levy Show Services Provides:
- Material handling
- Shipping and customs
- Carpet, drape and complements
- Tables and chairs
- Furniture Rental
- Prestige furniture rental
- Hardwall systems
- Graphics and signs
- Plants and flowers
- Audio visual and computers
- Install and dismantle labour
- Request for set-up by non-official contractor (EAC)
Services can be order via Levy's Online Ordering System. The show code is LIFT2020
Book your services by December 20, 2019 to receive a special discount rate.
For display companies ordering on behalf of an exhibitor, please enter your company names as exhibitor name c/o display company. Have your booth number on hand. if you do not know your booth number, please enter "0" (zero).
Hanging banners and overhead lighting can be ordered from Riggit via their Online Ordering System. Once at the website:
1 / Click 'order services online'
2 / Scroll down to January 2020
3 / Click on 'Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo 2019'
4 / Enter your booth number
Book your services by BLANK DATE to receive a special discount rate.
- all banners will be hung at a height of 20′ from the ground to the top of the banner
- banners must not extend outside the footprint of your booth, into neighbouring booths, or into aisle space
- install time: the time your banner will be assembled and ready to hang or the time your lighting will be ready for focus
- load out time: the time your booth will be clear/ accessible for the lift
- please indicate if you require any overhead power for lighting or a rotating banner
Lead retrieval services are provided by CONEXSYS. To order, complete this form and return to CONEXSYS.
There are 2 options for lead retrieval:
1 / MyLeads Standard: this option comes with a physical scanner. Lead data is collected electronically. Exhibitors setup a qualifier menu to take notes on leads. No electricity or wifi required.
2 / MyLeads Mobile App: leads are collected via the CONEXSYS mobile app. The app allows exhibitors to scan badges, and add notes.
By using the CONEXSYS lead retrieval service, you will receive First Name, Last Name, Company and E-Mail for attendees to the Business Conference and Expo Industry Day. Consumers attending the Expo on Saturday and Sunday will not have badges available for scanning.
Book your lead retrieval services by BLANK DATE to a receive a special discount rate.
Exhibitors wishing to use a contractor other than Levy Show Service Inc. to set up and dismantle their exhibits must fill out the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (E.A.C) Form and return to Levy Show Services no later than December 20, 2019. If this form and the certificate of insurance from the non-official contractor is not received by December 20, 2019, your non-official contractor will be allowed to supervise only. All labour must then be hired from Levy Show Service Inc. for installation and dismantle of the exhibit.
Booth Guidelines and Approval
Displays must not protrude beyond the measured booth dimensions or obstruct a clear view of the neighbouring booths, and may not be taller than 8 ft. in height except in speciﬁed areas. Exhibitors may extend the height of their display up to 12’ in height if:
1 / graphics/signs are limited to company name/logo
2 / exhibit is a professionally constructed display and does not present a safety hazard
3 / all sides of the additional height are finished and the back side does not include any company name/product (or anything that would interfere with a neighboring exhibit)
4 / no product is displayed above 9’
5 / detailed photos and/or plans are submitted to show management for review and approval. Submit here.
No Exhibitor shall permit the exposure of any unﬁnished surface to neighbouring booths. If the Exhibitor fails to correct the unﬁnished part, Lift & Co. will have the right to ﬁnish such outside partitions at the exhibitor’s expense.
10'x10' or larger booths with roofs of any kind, including tents and pop-up canopies, require a 5lb ABC-type fire extinguisher. The extinguisher should be visible and easily accessible within the booth.
All exhibitors must maintain “reasonable sight lines” from the aisle line, regardless of the size of the exhibit.
Consider sight lines as a major factor when designing your booth.
Do not block or obstruct the clear view, visibility and accessibility of other booth spaces.
Side walls must be set back at least 5’ from the aisle line. From the aisle extending back 5’, the maximum height for side walls is 4’
Lift & Co. reserves the right to regulate “reasonable sight lines”, determine the eligibility of a booth floorplan, and retains the right to restrict or prohibit a booth floorplan if it is found to be in violation of reasonable sight lines.
An in-line booth has adjoining booths on one, two or three sides.
Back walls: maximum height permitted is 8’ (exceptions above)
Side walls: maximum height permitted is 8’
– Side walls must be set back at least 5’ from the aisle line
– From the aisle extending back 5’, the maximum height for side walls is 4’
An island is a booth with aisles on all four sides
Perimeter walls: a wall of solid construction that runs along the perimeter of the booth. Maximum height permitted is 4’
All other walls: maximum height permitted is 16’
– Walls of solid construction and 16’ in height, should be located in the centre of the exhibit space to take into account “reasonable sight lines”
– Walls that are not of solid construction (plexi or transparent material) and are non-continuous (not more than 4’ wide), are acceptable if they do not interfere with “reasonable sight lines” of surrounding exhibitors
Exhibitors wishing to play music within their booth must not exceed 85 decibels, or 20 decibels above the ambient room level, whichever is less.
This is to ensure a safe and comfortable networking environment for attendees and neighbouring exhibitors
If audio from a booth exceed the above stated guideline, a first verbal warning will be given to the exhibitor. If the exhibitor continues to disregard the guideline, power to the booth will be suspended for one hour, with no reimbursement.
All exhibitors must read and comply with the booth design guidelines outlined on this page.
A final floor plan/ rendering of your booth must be submitted to show management for approval no later than Monday, December 9, 2019 if:
1 / booth is 10′ x 20′ or larger
2 / in-line booth is requesting a maximum height of more than 8′ (12′ maximum)
3 / booth has a roof/ mezzanine/ second story
4 / booth has a raised platform
5 / booth material exceeds 10,000 lbs. gross weight
6 / booth material exceeds 300 lbs. / sq. ft. limit
7 / booth has suspended signs/ banners/ lights
8 / island booth has hard wall
9 / booth has motorized vehicle/ combustion engine
10 / booth contains cooking appliances
Exhibitor Badges and Tickets
Online exhibitor badge registration will open on BLANK DATE. Each exhibitor will receive a link via email from CONEXSYS to login and register on this date.
The Exhibitor Registration Desk will be open during the following times for exhibitor badge pick-up:
Wednesday, January 8
4 PM to 9 PM
Thursday, January 9
8 AM to 6 PM
Friday, January 10
8 AM to 5 PM
Saturday, January 11
8 AM to 6 PM
The Lift & Co. Cannabis Business Conference (LCBC) takes place on Thursday, January 9, also at the Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC).
The LCBC brings together leading experts from across the industry to tackle subject matter from a uniquely Canadian perspective. This exclusive, all-day conference incites discussions around both the medical and adult-use cannabis markets, as well as how Canadian businesses are in a position of leadership on the world stage. Meet fellow players or find your niche in this fast-paced global industry.
Tickets to attend the LCBC are on sale here.
If you have purchased an advertisement in the guidebook, ads must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by BLANK DATE BLANK TIME
6.5" x 8" trim
0.125" bleed on all sides
6.5" x 4" trim
0.125" bleed on all sides
Preferred file format: PDF
Please see our guide on how to succeed on social media before, during and after the Expo here.
Boost your Brand!
If you are in need of branded swag for the expo, contact our partner at Genumark for more information: email@example.com
Don't wait! Make sure to contact Genumark 3-4 weeks in advance of the Expo.