Vancouver LCBC & Expo 2019
Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo Industry Day
Friday, January 11, 2019
Hours: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Our industry-only trade show day offers focused opportunities for cannabis professionals to kick-start meaningful conversations, relationships and deals. Whether you’re an established business owner, cannabis company employee or industry-curious entrepreneur, we encourage you to engage with fellow exhibitors in this exclusively professional environment.
Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo Weekend
Saturday, January 12 – Sunday, January 13, 2019
Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm ⁄ 11:00am - 4:00pm
Whether you’re brand new to cannabis, a long-time consumer, you depend on cannabis for medical purposes, or are simply canna-curious, join us at the Vancouver 2019 Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo. Here you’ll explore new products, take in the latest scientific research, discover how cannabis culture and public policy are evolving for the future, and so much more.
Lift & Co. + Zenabis - Women's Zen Lunch
Friday, January 11, 2019
Hours: 11:30am - 1:30pm
At this unique lunch and networking session, co-hosted by Lift & Co. and Zenabis, we will explore topics such as workplace diversity, inclusive leadership, and finding like-mindedness in our differences. Join us for inspiring presentations and exciting discussions!
- Cutting-edge research studies update, and what to keep an eye out for next
- What are the buying habits, consumption statistics, and product choices for recreational consumers?
- What are medical patients looking for and who are they? Millennials, Boomers, the elderly?
- What have been the biggest surprises since legalization (in Canada and the US)?
- Advantages and disadvantages of business expansion now and tips on how to align or acquire expertise
- What are the outstanding or emerging political consideration/uncertainties that could obstruct or advance the progress of cannabis business development?
- Common regulatory mistakes cannabis businesses make when starting out
- Raising capital, private investment, institutional investment - where to turn now?
- Managing change amidst a rapidly changing industry
- Establishing an enduring and sustainable company culture (transitioning from the founders’ culture and/or managing M&As)
- Strategies for recruitment and retention, training and development, including when to outsource
- Where is international investment flowing currently?
- International regulations and developing global standards for cannabis
- New growing regions and processing hubs – the changing landscape of cannabis production
- Developing business strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate threats
- Vape Trends and Opportunities, Corey Koffler
- Sustainable Growing Practices, Steven Bourne and Brandon Hebor
- Harvesting in the Cannabis Industry, Jocelyn Prefontaine
- Additional regulations to the current Cannabis Act (Natural Health Product Act), David Hurford
- The early evidence on in-store customer experience at public versus private stores
- Assessment of the big-box provincial wholesalers approach vs. direct to independent retailers approach
- What retail models work better for LPs and why
- How does distribution models improve inclusivity in the industry, such as accessibility for Indigenous communities, minority groups, personal-growers
- How to get educated – what are the best sources of information that promote safe, healthy and responsible consumption that support personal enjoyment and therapeutic outcomes
- Border crossing with cannabis medications/products – how and where Canadians can travel with cannabis
- Roadside testing and future fines
- Update on previous convictions and possible amnesties
- The broadening scope of cannabis therapies and treatments
- Protecting IP and the merits (or not) for trademarking and/or patenting
- Seed-to-sale timelines today - are cannabis innovations trending like pharma, nutraceuticals, beverages - or is it a new model all together?
- What do the regulations look like for new products? How are the rules changing?
- Bull market or bear market and how to invest in either
- Are there any bluechip cannabis stocks?
- What companies to invest in before they go public and what to wait for after listing
- What have been winners and are going to keep on winning – and why?
Legal Cannabis Retail: Observations and Insights From A Day One Operator
• Anatomy of an independent, multi-jurisdictional legal cannabis retailer
• Observations on customers, products and sales trends
• Insights on different Provincial roll-out strategies and what to expect in 2019
- Update on cannabis genetics - new research and learning to date
- Leading edge product and strain developments
- What new science or techniques are emerging in cultivation, processing, extraction, etc
- What is next for genetic research for cannabis and who will it benefit
- Cutting edge cannabis systems, software, and apps
- How to find the right delivery systems, such as vape, capsule, etc.
- Are regulations keeping pace with innovations and what is being held up?
- What are consumers demanding now – what is growing in popularity?
- A candid analysis from industry and mainstream reporters, columnists, and bloggers on legalization
- What has regulators got right or wrong so far
- Has recreational cannabis entered the Canadian market like a lion or a lamb?
- What does the future look for cannabis
- What can cannabis curious people expect when they visit a cannabis clinic, and what can they do to make their first visit a positive experience?
- How cannabis is contributing to human wellness treatments and therapies
- What products, treatments, and services are increasing in popularity
- What would be the impact on medical cannabis treatments (if Canadian Medical Association gets its way) to have only ‘recreational’ cannabis in Canada
- The truth and consequences of cannabis treatments – real and bogus
- The latest dependable research on cannabis use and treatment regarding mental health
- Is cannabis a viable new treatment for Alzheimer’s, ASD, MS, etc.
- What are the cutting edge studies underway now?
- Update on regulations for micro-growers – advantages and disadvantages
- Partnering with labs, product developers, marketers, and leveraging and hidden brand or product assets
- Product differentiation - distinguishing craft cannabis from mass produced products
- Securing organic certifications and other brand modifiers
- Redefining cannabis consumption and stigma through humour
- How cannabis experiences enhance personal relationships - for some enthusiasts
- Cannabis lounges, meeting places, and public spaces that cater to cannabis consumers
- Cannabis as an exercise, sports and recreation enhancer
- What is next for cannabis-infused and cannabis-brewed beverages
- What are the edibles consumers are eating up south of the border
- Cannabis topical therapeutics, cosmetics and other beauty products
- How cannabis is helping pets
- Khalid Abudul Razak – Founder, Super Secret Start-Up
- Dan Sutton - CEO, Tantalus
- Jeffrey Zietlow - VP Marketing, CannTrust
- Shaka Licorish - Director Culture & Experience, Aurora
- Alex Revich - Co-Founder, Flowr
- Tyler Robson - CEO, Valens
- Jeanette VanderMarel – CO-CEO of 48 North
- Tyler James - Stakeholder Engagement, Aurora
- Jordan Smith – Trade Marketing, Aurora
- Miz D – Cannatherapy Consultant
- David Hyde, President, David Hyde & Associates
- Lea Romanelli, VP of HR, CannTrust
- Laura Defilice, Director of People & Culture, Zenabis
- Deborah Rosati, CEO, Women Get On Board Inc
- Paul Gryglewicz, Senior Partner, Global Governance Advisors
- Unity Marguerite Whittaker, Creative. Director, Blysscloud
- Marly Tweedledoob, Cannabis photographer & expert. Social media influencer @tweedledoob
- Danielle Hoogenboom, yoga instructor, Love Light Yoga
- Allison Wood, Category Manager, Aurora
- Sean Strath
- CJ Nutter - HERB
- Shaka Licorish – Director Culture & Experience, Aurora
- Michelle Bell- Fashionably High
- Tyson Villeneuve- Social Concierge
- Adam Bowen - musician
- Phil Kwong – CEO, 3 Carbon Extractions
- Dieter MacPherson – SVP Operations, Aurora
- Michael Perron - Director of Global Business Development, Medipharm Labs
- Eric "Swiss" Wilhelm – Sales Engineer, ExtractionTek Solutions
- Rosy Mondin – CEO, Quadron Canntech
- Marie Jordan –Manager Key Accounts & Market Access, Aurora
- 12:30pm - Paul Raymond, BackRoom Grow - Simple is Better, The Basics of a Great Grow - For Indoor Grower of all Sizes
- 1:00pm - Dr Ihor Lys, Agnetix - Energy Efficiency, Sustainability in Commercial Cannabis Cultivation
- 1:30pm -Dr. Melanie Yelton, VP of Research, LumiGrow & Laura Hayden, Lumigrow - How Smart Lighting Will Change the Way You Grow
- 2:00pm - Tristan Tirone, Flow Filters - Flow Filters
- Myles Oman, BCNL