Lift “VR Experience” Contest
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Contest Host: The Contest is hosted by Lift Co. Ltd. (the “Contest Host” or “Host”) and sponsored by Emblem Corp. (the “Contest Sponsor” or “Sponsor”).
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on May 26, 2017 and continues until 6:00 p.m. (EST) on May 28, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least nineteen (19) years of age at the time of Contest entry and are validly registered to the Lift Rewards program (each an “Entrant/Entrants”). Employees, representatives, dealers and agents of the Contest Sponsor, and their respective parent and affiliated companies, contest suppliers and judges, and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. To enter, participate in the VR experience hosted in the Lift booth at the 2017 Lift Expo in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and fill out the required waiver. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. Limit one (1) entry per person.
If the identity of an Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search.
- Submission Conditions: The Contest Host may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any submission materials submitted into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation and any Entrant submitting such materials forfeits any further copyright or similar claims to same. Submission materials include, but are not limited to, photos, essays, videos, compilations, etc. as applicable. Each Entrant warrants to the Contest Host and its parent and affiliate companies that his/her submission materials do not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property. Submission materials must not:
- contain defamatory words/statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group);
- threaten any person, place, business, or group;
- disparage persons or organizations associated with the Contest Host;
- invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity;
- contain/reference (as applicable) material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations where the submission is created;
- contain/reference (as applicable) material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; and
- contain/reference (as applicable) any persons or organizations without their prior express written permission (collectively the “Submission Conditions”).
Where applicable, the submission materials must be created in a safe and lawful manner. The Contest Host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) revise submission materials, or request the Entrants to revise and resubmit the submission materials in order to make such submission materials compliant with these Submission Conditions, (b) remove any submission materials which are deemed inappropriate according to the Contest Host; and (c) disqualify any individual who is found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Submission Conditions specified above; or (iv) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Contest Host’s sole discretion.
Prior to submitting/posting any submission materials that depict a person who is under the age of majority in his/her Province or Territory of residence, express prior written permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian must be obtained by an Entrant.
- Prize: There is one (1) prize available to be won in Canada (excluding Quebec) consisting of one (1) tour of the Contest Sponsor’s facility in Paris Ontario (the “Prize“). The approximate retail value of the Prize is $1.00.
The winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of the Prize. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable once issued, must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. The Prizes (or any portion thereof) cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Winners may not transfer, modify, or substitute the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
The winner will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their Prize not mentioned above. The Contest Host will not be held to award more prizes than as set out in these Rules. The actual number of prizes awarded will be based on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Determination:
DRAW One (1) entry will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries (the “Winner”) by the Contest Host on June 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (EST) in Toronto, Ontario. The Contest Host will contact the selected Entrant via email within one (1) business day of the random drawing (“Winner Notification”). If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim his/her prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits his/her prize, and another Entrant may be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of the Contest Host will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected Entrant who meets Contests requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Host is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected Entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) Prize per person. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Distribution: Once the Winner is confirmed, the Winner will have to contact the Contest Sponsor to set a mutually agreeable time to redeem the Prize and the Sponsor shall not be obligated to provide any Prize to the Winner until the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, has accepted a tour date. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Host or any affiliated companies for the Prize. The Contest Host and all affiliated companies make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Prize. Any unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. Failure to redeem the Prize (or any portion of the Prize) will result in forfeiture of the Prize and unused portions of the Prize have no cash value. The Winners is responsible for any applicable taxes related to any Prize received.
- Winner Conditions: To be declared the Winner, a selected Entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with these Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Host via the Declaration and Release form; and (iii) sign and return a Declaration and Release form (the “Declaration“) no later than 24 hours after being notified of his/her status as Winner.
- Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Host. Contest Host take no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries and eligibility to win the prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Host, any of the Contest Host’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant.
Contest Host assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Host reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Host reserves the right, in their sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify these Rules at any time without notice if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Host that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Host. In such event, the Contest Host may, in its sole discretion, choose to select (a) winner(s) via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
- Privacy: The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest and, if an entrant should so elect, to communicate with entrants about the Contest Sponsor’s products/services/offers. Entrants not wishing to receive any other informational or marketing communications from the Contest Sponsor should so indicate when they enter the Contest. Please see the Privacy Policies for Contest Sponsor at lift.co for information on the policy towards maintaining the privacy and security of user information.
- Publicity: By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees that the Contest Host and its respective designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likenesses, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Release and Liability: The Winner must sign the Declaration to: (i) confirm compliance with these Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Host, the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”), from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the Entrant, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the Entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an Entrant with any of the Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an Entrant of the Prize.
The Host is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded the Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declarations; (iv) injury or damage to the Entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential Winner..
- Conduct: The Host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Host reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are individually owned by the Host. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Host is strictly prohibited.
- Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Contest Host in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All Entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.