Dr. Bell is a family physician and clinical researcher in Toronto, Canada. He is Assistant Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto and on the active staff of the Humber River Hospital. He is a recipient of the College of Family Physicians of Canada Award of Excellence.
His activities include:
- Past Chair and Current Primary Panel – Canadian Cardiovascular Society Antiplatelet Guideline Committee. Dr. Bell is the only primary care physician to ever chair a CCS guideline committee
- Primary Panel – Canadian Cardiovascular Society Atrial Fibrillation Guideline Committee
- Thrombosis Canada – Board of Directors
- Hypertension Canada – Board of Directors
- Canadian Stroke Network Professional Development Committee
- Canadian Medical Association Journal – Peer Reviewer
Dr. Bell’s involvement in continuing medical education includes the development and presentation of many national projects. He has served as faculty and chair of countless committees and advisory boards dedicated to serving the common interests of the medical profession and the public. His research, commentaries and letters have been presented and published internationally.